fuel line repair questions?grrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel line repair questions?grrrrr

Ok so recently am in the middle of trans swap,getting ready to put the new one in when I start smelling gas,well I noticed that I busted the damn fuel line when dropping the other trans,I had a brain fart and forgot to tighten the screw that hold the handle in the jack so when I went to pull the trans away from the block/flywheel I pulled the handle out leaving he jack wedged in there with no way to lower it,so I got pissed off and kicked the jack out from under it and the cross member busted a fuel line.�� Anways what is the best way to correct this issue as I don't think just clamping a hose around it will stay,as always any help would be appreciated.

I used compression fittings and an appropriate length and diameter of new line (you can get at any car parts store).

Some people don't like compression fittings on fuel lines so I hear, but I've had zero problems in 50k. All of my fuel supply and returns are redone using this method.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

the supply side runs at less than 50 psi. Compression fittings will handle it, but they can be a bitch to use with steel line. Those work by having the brass ferrule bite into the line, and brass just isn't real inclined to dig into steel.

I'd usually suggest double flares and unions as the proper method of fixing it. Failing that, Swagelok connections are basically compression but using parts that aren't so chintzy.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X