Gas Tank - '86 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank - '86 Crown Vic

So I disconnected the plugs for the sender and fuel pump, both lines, have yet to locate where the evap can line goes to, but I can't figure out how the fuel fill (dis)connects. I see that it might be pressed into the gas tank on that end, and double flanged at the gas cap? There are bolts behind the gas cap that loosen the fill neck, but it doesn't pull through the opening. Looks like there are 4 bolts on the inner rear fender that I guess bolt up to a flange of some sort. If I unbolt these, will the fuel filler neck pull through? Trying to drop the tank and replace the entire fuel system.

Thank You

Packman

The filler neck will come out. You have to break the seal that the tank grommet has on it. You will have to replace that grommet when you break that seal. Just take the blots out and twist the neck to loosen it and then it will eventually twist out. There may also be a screw on a collar at the tank that needs removed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks (yet again) SLY

I will try that on Weds.

Comment

Evap line is at the very top. You'll find it once the tank is down some.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X