No announcement yet.

Turn signal issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one that went bad on my car was under the carpet on the back wall of the trunk. It was, closer to the driver side break light. I don't know why, but it decided to rust a cirlce around the bolt, I gues the polarity atracted the oxegen to cause the rust. It was a perfect ring about 1/4" in width. Just go from the light buld and follow the ground sire till you find where it is grounded. Do that for all the lights that have had issues, and you will eventualy find a bad ground.

Comment

Are there any other things that might cause this(ie switch going bad). I like to rule things out, especialy since I am somewhat pressed for time tomarrow. That way I know what to look for right off the bat.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

A switch would not cause such a random issue, it would eaither fail, or intermitently fail. I'm 95% sure it's in the wires.

Comment

The thing that makes me wonder is the fact that both the front and rear lights are out, and the brake lights still work too. To better describe it, If you turned on your parking lamps all of those lights that are on are out on my car.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Hmmm...so what works and what doesn't?

Turn signals left and right?
            Brakes?
            Running lights?

All the lights on the car are out except the brake and head lights?

Comment

Could be the headlight switch if its not a fuse or breaker. If you have a spare, plug it in and see what happens. I doubt a ground would make all 4 marker lights go out at once, especially considering they each should have thier own ground. Wouldn't hurt to check / clean it anyway tho. I've also managed to fix wierd crap like that by unplugging and re-installing the switch and fuse associated with the circuit. They get corrosion and crap from time to time and re-seating helps. Also, you might want to clean up the connections on the starter relay, since all of the power in the car is fed from that point.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The turn signals work
                The head lights work
                The brake lights work when you step on the brakes
                The ditch lights work

When I have my parking lights or my headlights on, the running lights dont work. The license plate light doesnt work either. I hope that clears it up a little. I'm lost, I'm gonna check every fuse right now.

Comment

Then I agree with Gadget, it's sound more like a switch issue. It's one circuit that is out.

Comment

Well I feel like a complete dumbass right now! :cuss: I looked at my fuse diagram in my manual and turns out I was looking at the wrong fuse! Turned out it was a blown fuse and I pulled a bunch from my parts car and replaced it and threw the rest in my glove box just in case. Aside from wasting a bunch of my time and everybody elses, I'm glad it was only that. But I am still gonna clean a bunch of grounds because everything has been acting up. Thanks for trying to help me out everyone.

Comment

Glad is was a simple fix!

Comment

Yeah I'd rather look like a moron than have some big problem that takes time and money that i dont have to fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X