Fuel Tank Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Parts

So, I was able to exploit the latter half of yesterday and take the fuel tank apart. Got the pump and sender off. Discovered that the sender float didn't sink like I originally thought; the wire broke. I am debating whether I want to solder it, or let an automotive electrician do that as I am not sure what to do with things that have been soaked in gasoline for 30 years. But I digress from the actual question.

What is the grommet and fitting for the evap line called? I am trying to find it on the various websites and can't find them (rockauto, NAPA, Reilly's, etc....). I got a new tank several years ago, but it doesn't have the parts attached. I am thinking of transferring from the old tank, but I am afraid that if I remove the grommet, it will break.

fuel tank vent IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Use flux, wire brush or sand the wire and what it connects to, it'll solder fine. No special magic to it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

E1FZ-9B076-B replaced by https://www.amazon.com/F6TZ-9B076-AA.../dp/B000O023KG
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

THanks on both subjects. Gonna go to the auto parts places and see what I can find with the vent valve. If it's cold and rainy this weekend, I will mess with the sender unit. At leastif it flares up, I'll be warm

Comment

My Dad was feeling spry and soldered the broken wire; after lecturing me about the value of my eyebrows.

Now I just gotta hunt down the fuel vapor valve

Comment

AMAZON HAS ONE BUT PRICEY. https://www.amazon.com/Ford-E7DZ-9B5...ZVSFFQ1XNYBT8A
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I had to put in a vent that closes if the car flips upside down, i'll see if ai have the old vent/grommet in my old parts pile. Also have a tank level sender assy sitting there.
                Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
                HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Working...
                X