Heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads?

Should i replace my heads before i replace my headers? im switching my sock headers to mustang headers.
    I am the GOD of ELeCTRIC HeLL FIrE!!, and I BrinG YOu..........

What heads are on it? what year is the car? miles?
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

If you have to ask then you should probly not change your heads

Comment

Headers will bolt to the stock heads (I'm guessing this is some flavor of panther chassis with d9, e5 or e6 heads). You'd get some more performance swapping them out for better (e7, gt40, gt40p) but whether or not the swap is worth the trouble may be a totally different story. Might be easier do do a whole engine, especially if yours has lots of miles.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Another FL guy??? Next summer I want to come down for a week of vacation and hang with the FL guys. We can get drunk and get laid, not in that exact order. My nephew lives just outside Ft. Lauderdale. I could do the family thing during the day and the "not married, Boston accent (Sen. Ted Kennedy), visitor with money" thing at night for the young ladies wearing skirts and willing to spread for me. I was scheduled to come down the weekend Katrina hit. I'm glad I cancelled and watched it on tv.

I'm bolting my 1-5/8" shorty headers on during my E7TE head swap. Don't even bother with the factory 5.0L tubular headers. I don't think they even make the aftermarket 1-1/2" shorty headers anymore. maloneykdiddy84, buckle your seatbelt and hang on. This is only the first step in your panther education. Welcome to GMN!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

sorry guys should have detailed....i got a 1988 crown victoria ltd with the 5.0.
            I am the GOD of ELeCTRIC HeLL FIrE!!, and I BrinG YOu..........

Comment

Like I said, the Mustang shorty headers will fit to the stock motor with no troubles. If you have the time, money and ability to swap out the heads for something better than stock, I say go for it. Fair bit involved with it, and its quite possibly easier to rebuild a whole engine out of the car and swap it in, especially if you're considering doing a cam swap for a full HO engine.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X