dumb question about a 5.0 thermostat housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumb question about a 5.0 thermostat housing

i'd check myself, but all my 5.0 vehicles are currently snowbound lol. i need to know the angle of the thermostat housing on a 1991 5.0 p72. i need to know whether its a 45 or a 90 degree angle housing.

thansk
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Looks like a 45 on mine. I dont have one with a 90 degree housing on both of my cars. I never seen a 90 on any box either.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

45. the mustangs have the 90
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

mine is 90 on both my 1991's.
        1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
        1991 Colony Park LS "Wally World Express" HO, 3.27 trac-lok - RIP
        1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
        1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking
        1987 Lincoln Town Car "El Presidente" - Resting for winter, gonna be a beast!
        2008 Mustang, no name - belongs to the wifey

Comment

hmm, i 'll have to dig out the vic and see whats up then if the mustangs got 90 degree and your 91's have a 90 degree
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

all my panthers are 45's, all my 5.0 mustangs were 90's...
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My Mark VII had a 90, the Townie has a 45. You can interchange them if you want, just have to convince the hose to cooperate with it, or maybe you could get away with a Mark VII or Mustang hose. The Mark hoses are like that because the hose is routed behind the alternator for hood clearance reasons.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X