X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does a transmission wiegh AOD

looking to ship one and wanted to know how much it would be to ship
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

They cant be too much at all, I just picked up my blown one to get it ready to take to the recycle center. I would imagine 150+lbs.... I work out alot so it feels about that much...They aint heavy at all.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

AOD should weigh in around 225. You'll be looking at ~$200 to ship, from what I'm told.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

An AOD without the converter is like 190 I think. I found the weight online via a google search. I lifed one half full of fluid with a converter by myself. Its fuckin heavy, but its possible. Figure 250 by the time you account for packing and such.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When I had mine shipped and when I recieved mine all 4 times.....it was set at 150lbs.

Comment

I picked mine up in the garage full of fluid. I'm not a big guy and it was pretty danged heavy. I would put around 200lbs at the most.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
            X