Decade of Manufacture
    A=1940
    B=1950
    C=1960
    D=1970
    E=1980
    F=1990
    The year of decade is simple the number represents the year so D9 =1979
    The car line that is not really important to us for SVA information but may be of interest is made up as follows
    A= Galaxie, D= Falcon, F= outside USA, G= Comet, J= Industrial, M=Mercury, O=Fairlane P= Autolite/Motorcraft, R=Rotunda, S= Thunderbird, T= Truck, V= Lincoln, Z=Mustang.
    The only Engineering departments of interest would be E=Engine Engineering and Perhaps X= Muscle parts and Z= Ford service parts.
    Casting can also have a number that breaks down to actual casting date e.g. 6c06 would break down to 6 the year of the decade 6 for the sixth year C for the letter of the month and 06 would be the day of the month.
    A-Jan, B-Feb, C-March, D-April, E-May, F-June, G-July, H-August, J-September, K-Oct, L-Nov, M-Dec
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Interesting...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

good info mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hmph, so my heads are from a Fairlane. Good to know. I didn't realize the casting numbers also had the car line in them.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          Hmph, so my heads are from a Fairlane. Good to know. I didn't realize the casting numbers also had the car line in them.
          Most normal (non-Boss) small-block heads have the Fairlane code since the small block was originally designed for it. This doesn't mean they originally came from a Fairlane.

Sometimes you'll get some heads with the A, D, Z, or T for the model position. And sometimes the great S, which means you have junk 255 heads (E0SE-AC).
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

They're a D0OE casting. I had been asking for Galaxie 500 parts since they had a 351w in 1970 but now I guess I can also ask for Fairlane parts. Same difference, 1970 351 spark plugs should all be the same. Its just interesting information. The E7te head is from a truck, etc etc. Kinda cool to see where the original engineering came from vs the actual application.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X