cv compatible parts....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cv compatible parts....?

i was at the junkyard yesterday, and i found a couple of explorers, several thunderbirds, many cv'c/townies/gm. and old mustangs. on the t-birds, i saw that they also have 5.0s like our boxes but they have da longneck switched over to da passenger side like the HO's have em. so does it mean that those 5.0s on the tbirds are H.O. or stock 5.0s like ours? cuz if they are HO ill be there early monday morning. i was also lookin for a 65mm throttle body wit spacer to fit my 87cv. i saw 88grandmerc new lightning t.b. and well i need myself one of those since it looks like a direct replacement, plug and play. since lightnings in da junkyards here are rare, then wat else would fit my box? i was looking at the tbird t.b. and they might seem to fit it. do they guys? any explorer tb's or mustang tbs? so wat else off a explorer, tbird, mustang can i get dat'll fit the cv?

by da way, new exhaust is in, and WHOA!!! bbk headers, no cats, custom 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, dual exhaust, 3.5" chrome slant cut rolled tips. sounds nice, idle rumble got a lil quieter but rolling down the road sounds hella nice. especially when gas pedal meets da floor.
    (O2 sensors waiting to be installed, are there any negative aspects in just not installing them? if so, wat will happen, so i can buy em and put em in right away)

You have 5.8 Lightnings in the junkyard?! Snag the EGR spacers and throttle bodies from them and sell them to us!

The 93-94 Tbird has an HO. You can usually ID that motor because the upper intake has an elbow built into it. Tbirds prior to that have a standard 150 hp lopo 302. Mark VII after 1988 all have an HO motor too.

Mustang, Explorer, and other 60-65 mm throttle bodies can be made to fit up by swapping the lever on the throttle body. If you're going to use a larger throttle body, I'd suggest an HO upper intake too. The inside of the stock one is pretty small so a bigger throttle body won't help any unless you go for the bigger intake too.

Running with no oxygen sensors makes the ECM have no idea how rich or lean the engine is running, so it usually defaults to a fairly rich mixture in order to save the engine. Usually you end up with lousy fuel mileage from this.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

'91-'93 T-Birds have the HO, with 25 less horsepower due to the exhaust (200hp total). But it sounds like you have taken care of that already. '88 T-Birds and earlier have the lo-po. '89-'90 there was no V8. In 1994, they went to the 4.6L. The same goes for Cougars.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

ok, i'm off on my years here, thought it was 95 they went to the 4.6. So many cars, such a poor memory.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

pull all the explorer motors and lightning motors u can find........let me know if u can pull some parts for me and ship em out........wedesperately need lightning egr spacers, and it would be nice to have the 351 gt40 upper and lower intake manifolds for future 351 efi swaps which i really want to do.......let us know what the prices are on the stuff, i will make shipping and your time worthwhile
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i meant to say that we DONT have many if any lightnings at da junkyards here. dats why i was looking for some other car/truck dat i can snag that t.b. off and put into my cv. since the t.b. on da lightning is 67mm stock, dat would be perfect. or is dat just the spacer??? anyways i think ill go hit up a few more junkyards during the week and hopefully i find sumthin worth pulling.
            i found a mustang gt, mid to late 90's, i pop da hood, and nothing was there. those bastards beat me to it. i bought a elec. fan from a junked towncar, but was wondering if it was powerful enuff to keep my cv cool. since i noticed dat da towncar had da pulley fan + da electric fan.
            switching da lever on da t.b., how hard is it? special tools? seems like it can just be pulled off but i dont wanna mess mine up and da one i buy. how about the egr spacer? wat car/truck/suv can i pull dat from dat will have da proper hose lines for my cv since i see some with one pipet on one side and another pipet on da other side, while my spacer has both pipets on one side.

Comment

Late model Panther fans move enough air to blow off your toupee (if you have one). Taurus and Mark VIII fans also move disgusting amounts of air, especially the VIII fan. They're nice and thin too.

The Lightning EGR is 67mm, the throttle body I think is 65 mm. Explorer TB is 65mm, stock HO is 60 mm. Don't put a 65 mm throttle body on a stock lopo motor. It does not need or want that much airflow. 60 mm is as big as you want or need for that car, and that big only with the HO upper intake to go with it.

You need a die grinder or a dremel or something to switch the levers out. Grind the end of the shaft down and it will slide off. Once its off, you'll need to either drill and tap the throttle shaft to put a screw and washer arrangement on here, or better yet, find someone with a welder that can do a quickie spot weld for you. The spot weld is probably a better idea. I'd personally be a little leery of the screw coming lose while driving and suddenly you have no throttle.

Comment

Working...
              X