Water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leak

87 grand marquis water leak onto drivers floor.
    Laying under the dash I can see it coming from above the steering column. So far I siliconed around the hood release cable grommet, resealed the wiper cowl gaskets, and still has water coming in, maybe its the windshield? not sure, any ideas?

Normally, I start with the hose at the lowest point of what I think is the entry point of water and work my way up and have someone in the car watching, but I am unable to pinpoint it, so if anyone has an idea let me know

Comment

this might be a long shot but the screws that hold the pieces of the wiper linkage where the arms clip on to the car. I don't remember if those go through into the firewall or not, but maybe worth a look there? The driver's side one is just below the edge of the windshield and almost directly above the column.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good idea, i'll try that once the rain stops.

Comment

I would seriously check the area between the trim and the windshield. I've done that on my friend's '96 CV and it stopped all the water on the driver's floor!
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Yes check the trim around the windshield and at the bottom. Did you check the drain holes ?

Comment

Tried a few things, but the water entry is still occuring. The under dash carpet is soaked and the carpet.

Anyone have a write up on dash removal?

I think thats the best way to find the leak, pull the dash forward and have someone spray it with the hose for me and watch for the entry point(s).

Comment

Heater core write-up covers dash removal for replacing the heater core.
                http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...-core-write-up

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X