O2 sensors shorty headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 sensors shorty headers

Finished 306 kind of hunting for idle and dying. I just realized there's no O2 sensors in the aftermarket shorty headers. Exhaust shop said they could drill and place them if I ordered some OEM ones. Does this sound like a decent fix? A9p 19lb injectors, honed upper and lower explorer intakes and basically a comp xe 258 spec grinded bullit racing cams cam. Comp had no cores. May be looking at aftermarket fuel pump and bigger injectors and reading into fitech micro/megasquirt, holley sniper etc.

yep, add some bungholes to your downpipes, ideally as close to the collector as practical. Just make sure you eyeball it from underneath with the exhaust in place to make sure its all got clearance.

may need to extend the wires too, or use Mustang or Mark VII sensors for the same year. Same sensor, but its usually an extra 6" or so of wire to reach the H pipe below the headers.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X