Box coyote swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box coyote swap

What kind of luck have we had with box coyote swaps? Bout to get a second 88 town car. Want to start reading about the swap. It looks like there's a motor mounts kit for the foxbody....any reading material or links would help.

Logan...user name bobcat put one in his car: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forum/te...vic-coupe-cvgt

Dont know if it is documented all that much but he definitely has installed a couple of coyotes into that car.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

His car is a frame swap car ('03+) as well. Coyote mounts are actually available from a few places for the later chassis, primarily because folks will swap the front cross member and sometimes frame stubs from the later cars into older F series trucks, with a yote swap.

https://www.outcastautoworks.com/pro...-package-price

^This guy makes nice stuff.

The frame swap is a really nice update to the chassis and would facilitate your swap. You might need to modify a CV/GM chassis, or specifically use a TC chassis as I believe the wheelbase is slightly longer on a TC.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
      X