Kenne bell supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenne bell supercharger

Definitely a lot of money. I wonder if this specific one would fit under our hoods. I've seen people do the other style several times but this is interesting. As far as hood scoops and holes. That black piece on the mustang hoonicorn stacks looks like a nice shape. Borla makes some stacks also. Black with chrome tip stacks or the kenne bell? I imagine on a decent build 400 to 500 hp.The combo of the kenne bell with borla mufflers would be such a great sound. Maybe a comp xe274. Says here this twin screw thing runs cooler and has power across the band. It's also gosh darn 5 grand. This isn't in the cards this year or next but it might be something to gameplan for.

Would probably fit, just has the inlet on the wrong side if its the one I'm thinking of. Have to deal with the air inlet plumbing mostly, and figure out how to modify the belt drive setup to make it work. I guess the "easy" path would be Fox accessories but that involves the AC plumbing and wiring to the alternator. The battery is in the wrong spot for the air inlet to be on that side too, would be a good excuse to re-locate that to the trunk. Then you get the throttle and TV cables to deal with and the wiring for the TPS and EGR hanging on the throttle body.

honestly I suspect you could work out a Procharger or equivalent belt drive turbo rig in place of the smog pump, route the outlet in front of the radiator for an intercooler, and bring it back over to the stock location air inlet with less fuss and less cost. It wouldn't be a drop-in kit but neither would the KB honestly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's hard to conceptualize everything on a build. If planned very carefully like you are saying, it could work it looks like. I love the idea of the battery relocate. Anything to Clean up the engine bay. With the remote start/ security thing there is so much stacked under that screw on the solenoid. Has a high torque mini starter. Might be able to relocate some grounds. Just started reading about pro chargers. I just really like that kenne bell. Also looking at a donor 97 explorer 4x4 front end and tranny. Town car is 78.1" wide. Explorer is 70 2" w. I'm trying to Google images of a rolling explorer chassis to get an idea of how big stuff is up front lined up w a 5.0. this will be a rare opportunity to get these specific parts. I had a jag x type awd. The transfer case was so weak and about the size of an alternator. Appeared to be aluminum...

Comment

Explorer accessories are much tighter to the block than the Panther stuff. I was involved in an Explorer accessory swap in a Towncar. Gave a ton of room but it was a pain in the ass. AC plumbing and power steering were the big issues as I recall. I think what we ended up doing to the power steering to keep it from blowing the box seals out again was to find a non-EVO late 90s Vic power steering pump and steal the regulator parts out of it to fix the pressure and flow. The Exploder pump was for a rack and peanut and it absolutely wanted nothing to do with running the steering box. I think we blew the seals out of it twice before changing the regulator parts so it worked correctly.

You'd also need to re-locate the TFI module. It will not fit. The EEC-IV distributor will work though. I'm sure a smarter idea would be to go distributorless ignition with the cam position sensor like the Explorer has but that pretty much demands an EEC-V / OBD2 conversion.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hah that's awesome.The air conditioning is run on vacume. That can be improved. Retrofitting the later model stuff in like abs. Found that one guy who's great with switches and servos and raspberry pies and fuses. He digitized most of this stuff and had it accessible on a tablet. He's the one that's running that Amazon Alexa in his car. He converted to aode can't remember why but he said it shifted better

Comment

they used vacuum on the HVAC through 2011 in these cars. The mess under the dash is not identical but not grossly different from what it looked like in 1979. The only part that changed to electric was the blend door servo and that went from a dead reliable cable or a vacuum motor that involved a stupid sensor thing that fails to a box of crappy plastic gears that goes bad and requires essentially a heater core swap job to replace.f

The AODE and 4R70w are computer controlled. The working guts aren't that different than the AOD, but it eliminates most of the stupidly complex valve body that is full of spots to cause trouble. Its also programmable for shift points rather than having to open it up and dick with springs and such. It uses a more conventional clutch-type lockup torque converter instead of that split input direct to the converter shell thing that the AOD uses too.

honestly I don't want the inside of my old car to not look old though. Most of why I drive old stuff is because I don't want digital climate controls or any of that garbage.

Comment

ok, so im trying to find some chassis pics of an explorer, bronco, and 80s panthers that had the 302. the cv axles seem to have space from that hump in the front of the frame. it looks like the bronco used a 4rw70? is that the only physical barrier from our cars being 4x4? what kinds of other obstacles could there be? id rather not swap the body onto a truck even if it lines up. what type of shops do this type of thing? i only know of morrison chassis and if everyone else cant get materials... cutting insterting frame sections..
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X