No announcement yet.

Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny is out as of wednesday, blew the front pump gasket a while back. Seems to be pretty common with mail order SB bell C4's...PA, redneck..ect Kinda pissed cause I used loc tite red on the pump bolts and they broke loose with little to no effort. Vibrations making them loose? I dunno. Sending the tranny out to be fixed next week or so. Dont really have time to do it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

and thats why I'd never want a mail-order transmission. Can't go bitch at someone if it messes up. 'course I also have a generally low opinion of the C4 but I'll not get into that here. Best of luck with getting yours repaired, hopefully they make good on it for you.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I called redneck and they are starting to reccomend to thier customers to replace the countersunk bolts as this isnt the first time it has happened. The gentleman I spoke to said it wouldnt void my warranty if I repaired the leak or had a shop do it. Its not economical to spend $200 to ship it to them and back to fix a $5 part. Im not that worried about it. I've driven the car and the transmission works great otherwise. Just a little hiccup with the leak.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Transmission in going to the shop monday to have that pump gasket replaced, this place can do it for $100 or so. Also I'm looking at buying some header flanges to build a set long tubes. I can get 1 3/4 tube, scrap bends for free. I can tack up the headers here and bring them to the weld shop to tig them up.

Comment

Got the transmission back today, only cost $95. Front pump seal replaced, converter seal replaced, everything is flushed and ready to go. Hopefully tomorrow I can throw it in depending on the weather.

Comment

You definitely need to give us a full, detailed report :evil:
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nice Pete & get us some pics also thx mang........
                2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Pete are u selling your AOD ??????????
                  2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                  85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                  07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                  79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

nice mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Cable Guys FGMQ View Post
                      Pete are u selling your AOD ??????????
                      The old AOD's I had got smoked by using the wrong flexplate. They're long gone mang.

Weather is lookin nice for tuesday and wednesday. I'm hoping to have it back in this week. Need to do some freshening on the entire car before I run it again.

Comment

Transmission is in, works good so far. Needs a road test but no leaks yet. I need to find some kind of collector car insurance before I drive the hell out of it too. Needs little odds and ends here and there.

For anyone thinking of purchasing a redneck c4....Do it at your own risk. My transmission works fine but the case of the transmission is slightly warped which caused the front pump to leak last time. This could also be due to the countersunk bolts they tell you to leave in for the pump, I would strongly suggest replacing them. I've since taken it to a shop and had the gasket replaced with two gaskets. I'll see how it works out. The price may have been right at the time but I shoulda saved and did a tko swap.

Comment

Any trans is kinda like that... My Performance Auto C4 was a pile, leaked EVERYWEHRE and the VB was fucked.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

So far so good, transmission seems to be dry. I've ran it and let it roll through the gears, heat up and cool down no leaks yet. Smoked the tires real quick today for shits.

I'm not gonna test the trans brake for about a good 50 miles of driving the car just to make sure everything is seated in. Im worried holding the line pressure like that could've popped the gasket before.

I pinned down the hood today as well as adjusted the fit of the hood. I also played around with one of those mothers power ball things to shine up my oxidized valve covers and shit. Most everything is too far gone to bring back a nice shine to unless I sand it down. I think I might powder coat the valve covers and intake. Its a shame to see shiney new parts that havent been used turn to shit cause the project stalled. I guess I should be more worried about performance right now other than asthetics.

I need some new rolling stock, tires and rims would be nice. I dont wanna cheap out and get something that looks like shit because its cheap. I think if I bought a pair of 17x10 deep dish bullits for the back with M&H's 28in tall 17in rim drag radials, that would be pretty cool. I like my bullitts up front, I just wish they came in a skinnier width. My front tires are gone. If I have any hope of taking this car to a track, I sure as hell need something better than stock steelies with dry rotted passenger tires.

Comment

I like that plan with the wheels and tires!!!

Packman

Comment

update?
                                [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Working...
                                X