Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
    You guys can watch me bite my nails for the first 15 minutes of it running.
    Thats the fun part...where you find out if all the time and money you put into it was worth it or was just flushed down the toilet

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

also when priming the oil, you need a good powerful drill. when we did mine our 18v Makita drill would barely turn it.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yep, I got an big old craftsman electric drill. The thing is huge and could probably break my arm if it ever snagged on something tight enough.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

cordless and small electric drills tend to start leaking smoke if you use them to prime. I used an air drill on mine the first time, it ran for about 20 seconds and stopped turning. Had to switch over to the 1/2" Milwaukee electric drill.

I also ran mine backwards, and was wondering why it wasn't loading down. The vauge 'glug, glug, glug' noises from the oil pan tipped me off tho.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes we watched as small amounts of smoke leaked out of my cordless drill.......my air drill unthreaded itself

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hehehe it runs... Fired right up with the new starter.

This thing sounds friggin evil :evil: ... My buddy took a vid so it should be up in a little while.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

oooh...we cant wait mang....especially me...since you described it to me...ooohohoooo! :banana:

I bet that HI TQ starter sounds great!
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Motor is running great, Unfortunetly the tranny aint. I cant work on it anymore since I'm leaving. I did get a chance to run it up the street in 1st at least. 40mph came up really really fast at only half throttle. But she runs cool, I get 60+ psi cold idle and 35+ hot idle oil pressure and the alt charges. I think I did ok on the motor. Just wish I knew about that flexplate. Within 10 mins of me going down my street and back I had some of Chesterland's finest roll up the street a few times. I guarantee they heard it at the station. I need earplugs when I run it with open headers. My ears are still ringing.

I just wish I could really cruise in this thing. Anyone got a TKO or 3550 they wanna give me lol?

Comment

i got a stack of aod's

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Gonna throw another shift kit in the 87 trans and slap it in and go. Hopefully it'll be done tomorrow.

I fired the car up for the first time in 2 weeks, fired right up. damn that madde me happy.

Comment

*tries to uses a "this thread is useless without vids" smilie, but one doesn't exist(that I know of)*

88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I got enough shit on my hands right now, so no vids till I accually have time for once.

Wasted today, added fluid to the trans to see if it would shift. It wont go into 3rd or 4th. But I wasted today putting on my exhaust to drive it around only to know that I have to take it off again. So shitty. My welder is a complete pile of crap, if I have the torch line not straight it jams up and the wire balls up. Piece of crap

Comment

direct clutch failed if it wont shift beyond second gear. woohoo another aod weak point lol. one of these days I'm gonna have to try rebuilding one of those things just to see how many miles it lasts before some spectacular failure.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

pfft..who needs 3rd/4th gear?
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

well trying to break the motor in going 40 mph and reving at about 4500rpm doesnt sit to well with me. I wish I had bought that t10 now

Comment

Working...
                                X