Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Ready to do my build on my crown what else should i get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1" spacer leaves plenty of room for unobstructed hood closure.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
      you need to drive a car with 3000 stall and 4.10's, its not what you think
      I daily with 4.30's and have no problem, I also wish I had a 3000 stall. Anyway do lower gears and a stall you wont be disapointed.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
        I was thinking of getting a intake spacer 1" is it worth it to make the runners longer?
        to make the runners longer- no real benefit from that
        they can make power by keeping the upper alot cooler, but only if you delete the egr and block off the heat riser

Comment

The spacer is as much for taller valve covers as anything else. Power gains are negligible, but space gains are real.

As for valve covers, if you're looking for tall and cheap, I have a set of aluminum jobbies at home I'll probably never use. When I get back home next week I'll dig them up and make sure they're OK. I'll sell them cheap if you want them. I don't think they have oil caps though so you'd need to come up with something.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

For what it's worth.

I have a stock 96 Explorer 5.0/GT 40 H.O. engine in my 91 CV and it runs

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. It gets great MPG's and has all the power I want.....all this on speed density.

I am using a MarkVII D9S computer, and have no problems, none!!!!

I used everything from the Explorer, long block, intakes and TB. Plus 90TC
            exhaust. Everything else is stock CV including the electronics.

Duals, but no cats or thermactor.
            Last edited by mcninetyone; 05-21-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
              For what it's worth.

I have a stock 96 Explorer 5.0/GT 40 H.O. engine in my 91 CV and it runs

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. It gets great MPG's and has all the power I want.....all this on speed density.

I am using a MarkVII D9S computer, and have no problems, none!!!!

I used everything from the Explorer, long block, intakes and TB. Plus 90TC
              exhaust. Everything else is stock CV including the electronics.

Duals, but no cats or thermactor.
              Yes, but this is different: You're a Jew.

Comment

c'mon Larry easy please.

This project start yet?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                  Yes, but this is different: You're a Jew.

No worries mcninetyone... I've been in the same spot. The Feeble Minded One hones in on random members and makes these ridiculous accusations.

Little does he know I am currently using my dangerous Jew magic to cook up an evil spell to cast on him.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

No worries, mcninetyone... I've been in the same spot. The Feeble-Minded One hones in on random members and makes these ridiculous accusations.

Little does he know I am currently using my dangerous Jew magic to cook up an evil spell to cast on him.
                    Apparently, this particular Jew Magic requires that you leave out commas and hyphens.

Comment

not yet soon thou still debating mass air over speed desnsity leaning towards mass air and if so still need to get ho cam and computer (which ever way i go depends on that) and than the odds and ends like gaskets and fuel rail and shit like that, working thru my summer class than i ll start...
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Dont need any of it with a carb.:evil:
                        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X