Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincoln Logs (Tubular exhaust manifolds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk to DuceAnAHalf

He's parting out his car, and he has longtube 351 headers on it that fit
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

he has a c4 trans... and if I am correct the problem with long tubes is that they hit the aod bell housing area.... I want to stay with an aod.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
        at carlisle, the cheapest I seen them was $75
        I got mine from the local U-pull-it yard for $12 each.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
          he has a c4 trans... and if I am correct the problem with long tubes is that they hit the aod bell housing area.... I want to stay with an aod.
          for the record, he has hedmann mid-length headers.

Duece's car started out with an AOD. the issue with full length headers is; the steering shaft on the drivers side and the control arm mounting points on the frame.

Duece modified the header flanges to make the mid-length headers clear the steering shaft. since they are NOT full length headers, there was no fitment issues with the control arm mounting points, further down.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Alright... thanks for the clarification.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I've got the Lincoln manifolds on a 91 CV, they might not flow any better, don't know about that. But the two together weigh less than just one of the cast iron manifolds. And as for the "P" heads, I tried them on a set of "P" heads and they won't work on the drivers side without modification. And I agree with Lincolnmania, they do look less restrictive.

Comment

Working...
              X