Explorer swap with codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    i'm trying to figure out what the problem is with the Cam.

Btw, what kind of cam is in the wagon?
    It's a Powermax 2020 (Formerly Compucam 2020) According to the spec sheet.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      It's a Powermax 2020 (Formerly Compucam 2020) According to the spec sheet.
      Ah. Now, if you let it idle, will the backfiring go away? Like you start it up, it's idling, then as it warms up, it idles really funky, then out of nowhere the idle goes back up steady? If it does that, it's the same problem experienced with my engine, and P79's engine, when it was fuel injected...

Comment

Ah. Now, if you let it idle, will the backfiring go away? Like you start it up, it's idling, then as it warms up, it idles really funky, then out of nowhere the idle goes back up steady? If it does that, it's the same problem experienced with my engine, and P79's engine, when it was fuel injected...
        I honestly don't know, but that may explain why some times it would drive fine, and then other times every time I had to accelerate from a stop it would get so bad it would nearly stall.
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I honestly don't know, but that may explain why some times it would drive fine, and then other times every time I had to accelerate from a stop it would get so bad it would nearly stall.
          Do me a favor. I know it's cold out so it will take longer, but go out and start it. You have a temp gauge in it?
          When it starts to warm up it'll get all weird with the idle, then it would come back up. Then it should drive better...

Comment

This is what I don't understand. The 89 has a full explorer swap, is still MAP, and runs like an absolute champ. No problems at all.

The wagon on the other hand, has e7's, an aftermarket cam (supposedly SD friendly), explorer intakes, and does the BS hesitating, popping through the intake, ect.... It's going mass air come spring.
            is the 89's cam straight up and the wagons advanced 4 degrees?
            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
              is the 89's cam straight up and the wagons advanced 4 degrees?
              No. Opposite.

Comment

Do me a favor. I know it's cold out so it will take longer, but go out and start it. You have a temp gauge in it?
                When it starts to warm up it'll get all weird with the idle, then it would come back up. Then it should drive better...
                Next time I go out and start it, I will. can't hurt to try. It is kinda weird how some days it would run great, and others I'd be afraid to come to a red light.

Comment

Working...
                X