No announcement yet.

explorer u/l intake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These intakes are common as dirt in my local yards for around $50 bucks for U/L.........and again all above suggestions are good, gears/exhaust/HCI..........
    Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Originally posted by 91GMLS View Post
      thanks alot i probably swap the motors since i found a cheap explore with motor for 250 and only 112,xxx miles it drives and shifts really good all i will need to do is change the lifters and get a mustang ecm with bbk 1515 shorty headers and mustang off road h or x pipe and i should be good to go i also have a question with the maf sensor if i do this mod will i need it just curious
      You can get the headers, but don't get a Mustang H or X pipe unless you're getting a really good deal on it and/or putting it on yourself. The local independent Muffler/Exhaust shop will fabricate me a NEW custom H pipe dual exhaust for a mere $300 & it won't stick down super low like the Mustang exhausts tend to do on our cars (less chance of damaging it on ramps/strip mall entrances).
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
        Expo cam with stock gears, H.O. cam with deeper gears. IMHO
        Stock gears are useless with a stock cam. Why would anyone ever keep them with an Explorer cam?

Comment

Working...
        X