is there a smog pump delete belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a smog pump delete belt

i removed my smog pump at the beging of winter because the bearings where shot i still have my ac pump on and wanted to know if there is a belt i can buy for just the ac and if you all new of any part #s. thanks
    1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
    1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Should be a 560K6 if I remember right. If its not that, its a 500K6. One of those is the stock alternator belt, the other is the smog pump delete. Pretty sure its the 56" for the smog pump delete.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

okay thanks gadget. i want to get the ac working again as im not going to do another summer with out it. last year i noticed that my ac didnt work as there was no freon in the system. are there any specific spots on panthers where they leak. and i just got the belt and it fits. thanks
      1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
      1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

it's the 560K6. a 565K6 would work a little better though... but I don't think that's a standard size.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

They leak specifically at all the spots with an O ring or a crimp around the rubber hose. Which is every connection. They also sometimes leak from under the low pressure switch. I hope that narrows it down some

Generally though, its the O rings. Replace them all and see what that gets you. A kit of the O rings is pretty cheap. It would also be wise to replace the drier if the system has been empty a while, and I'd give thought to changing the orifice tube as well. If you're charging with R134A, or something else that doesn't use mineral oil like the old R12 did, you may want to flush the system of the old oil and refil with the proper type for your refrigerant.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

many times I've just needed to snug up the Schroeder valves.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by 84merc951 View Post
              i removed my smog pump at the beging of winter because the bearings where shot i still have my ac pump on and wanted to know if there is a belt i can buy for just the ac and if you all new of any part #s. thanks
              What size bolts did you use to plug the vacuum ports when you took the pump off, and what did you do about the air line in the Y/H pipe? I need to delete my smog pump and put a belt on so I have a/c this summer.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Y/H pipe... fit a large bolt in there or weld shut at the cats (I finally did the latter recently). I removed the smog pump solenoids and all vacuum lines associated. It eventually came down to removing a T that fed them and putting an in-line coupler in it's place. Replacing almost all the hard lines with regular vacuum line to compensate as well.

Comment

yes as slymer stated. i use the same set up with an inline coupler

Comment

i got a 565 belts work much better than the 56. 56 inch very tough to get on.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                      i got a 565 belts work much better than the 56. 56 inch very tough to get on.
                      the trick with the 560k6 is to take the adjuster bolt OUT of the idler pulley and let it drop that extra bit. slide the belt on... then put that bolt BACK in. but yes... if you can get a 565k6, that would work much more betterer.

if I have to replace the belts on my cars... 565k6 will definitely go in.

Comment

89+ compressors are slightly different, needs a slightly longer belt.

Comment

Working...
                        X