Impala over-axle exhaust part numbers PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impala over-axle exhaust part numbers PLEASE

Immediate help needed. What are the part numbers/years/etc for the impala tailpipes that go over the axle on our boxes?!? I need to know right now, before the RockAuto discount expires, and/or so I can order the things *immediately* so I have them in time to get the exhaust done. Please let me know what year impala exhaust, and/or proper part numbers.

Thank you!
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

im pretty sure its just 90s impala SS tails.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Dynomax 54016 and 54017 read right from the sticker on the pipes. Hope that helps.

2.5 inch, to be clear.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

i think these got discontinued.......if so we are screwed.........summit, jegs, autozone and napa can no longer get them.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

They are listed on RockAuto as Walker/Dynomax 54016 & 54017, but they also have a set of aluminized Walker 54014 & 54015 that seem to be the same shape?

'94-96 Impala tailpipes, the 54016/7 are listed under Caprice SS/police exhaust, & the 54014/5 are the roadmaster/impala exhaust.

They both seem to be the same shape, the aluminized 14/15 part numbers are like 5-6$ cheaper, so which ones should I get?!?
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I have the 16 and 17 one's and they fit for sure. First I have heard of the other PN's.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Amazon also lists the aluminized ones, maybe $4-5 more than RockAuto and free shipping, but if looking at the Walker/Dynomax 54016s give you a different (wrong) looking pipe for the pic http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=Walker+54016 the 54017s are the same pics though.

Comment

the other ones are stock replacements.......only 2"

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

AH, nevermind, those aluminized ones are 2" diameter, as I figured out with the Google on an Oldsmobile site. Guess I gotta order them from RockAuto, even though Amazon might get them to me faster since they're coming from 2 different warehouses at RA and I'm too worried to chance Amazon put up the right pic & whoever is selling it isn't offering an overaxle pipe.

Thanks for your help, mangs.

Comment

Ordered! (RockAuto doesn't say anything about remaining stock, so who knows how many they have left, good luck to anybody who needs them)

Comment

why is the right side and left side $2.00 diff in price?????
                      '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                      "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                      "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                      "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                      "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Originally posted by grandwagon View Post
                        why is the right side and left side $2.00 diff in price?????
                        Because one is used for both single and dual exhausts , more common part = cheaper price
                        sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Sorry for freaking out but I had to get that stuff ordered yesterday or I wouldn't have it in time for the rest of the exhaust going on right after the transmission gets put in. Plus the RockAuto discount expired today. Thanks again for your help, maybe we should start stockpiling these at around $88/pair...

Comment

F $88/pair, I could have a shop mandrel bend pipe for that price.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                              F $88/pair, I could have a shop mandrel bend pipe for that price.
                              in 2 1/2" pipe? Have fun, would be cheaper to just buy the Impala shit...

Comment

Working...
                              X