Shorty Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorty Headers

I give up fighting with the search options. I did a search on Shorty Headers and then within the thread did a search to narrow it down, and the results were every post without headers! Could be the base has us shutdown so tight, it’s not working right for me. Or it could be me. Either way an hour of trying is enough for me. So I’ll ask my questions directly.

Here’s what I plan to do. Buy a new or used pair of Mustang Shorty Headers. Remove the exhaust pipes from the manifold and have the exhaust shop weld in O2 sensor mounts in the pipe (not headers). Install the headers, pipe, and O2 sensors.

Is that it? Are there problems/issue I’ll run into?

The smog pump and pipes are already removed.

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by BigT; 06-11-2012, 05:43 AM. Reason: Typo

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

Your stock pipes will not bolt up and seal with the mustang headers. In addition to having the exhaust shop weld in o2 bungs you would need them to weld in the ball and socket type flange.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll bring in the header at the same time, then it would be easy for them to match them up.

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

It would be cheaper to get a mustang h-pipe over having a shop do custom work.
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

Custom dual exhaust already done on the car back in 2008. Now I'm ready to step up to headers. I plan on cutting the pipes off just enough to take to the muffler shop, not the whole exahust. Then reattach it my self. Maybe take it back to them to reweld it. Though I may upgrade the mufflers since I'm that far into it.

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

He might want the H-pipe section of piping custom fab'd. The mustang H-pipe hangs to low for my comfort. Perhaps it's just my CV, but it hangs too low. If he already has the rest of the exhaust done, he can get the shop to bend some pipes from the headers to the catback. It might cost a little $$$, but much better than having to be extra careful with all driveway entrances and speed bumps. Just my

Packman

Comment

I had the whole thing done in 2008 including the H-pipe. Everything is tucked in nice and tight. I thought I'd install headers before I do the HO upgraded.

sigpic

George Burns

Comment

Working...
              X