Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

351W with FAST EZ-EFI...it lives...watch the video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech support is pretty good, but they seem to be shaking up the tech support guys on their forums so you tend to get a lot of "give the engine what it wants" and "try moving the o2 to the other side". If I set idle a/f to 12.2-12.8 before starting it cold, it fires up and idles nice and after about 30 seconds, I set it back to 13.9....if I leave it at 13.9, it's like a chokeless carb and I'm not thrilled about it....otherwise it's great. I'll be dealing with tech support shortly...maybe there is newer software to deal with that, I don't know....we'll see.

-Don
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Very belatedly coming back to this thread... how's progress, if any?

Also, I do find it odd that the system wouldn't have any sort of learning for lower temperatures... cars *do* have to function properly when they're cold, after all! Ah well, that's just the software engineer in me speculating and grumbling..
      1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
      Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
      Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
      Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

No progress...50% of the time on cold starts it won't run on it's own because the a/f's are going haywire and if you don't drive it hard and cruise in one gear lower than you normally would, it'll surge when you take it out of gear....FAST is coming out with EZ 2.0 now and it has electronic timing control...all user adjustable to keep idle speed and drivability more stable and predictable...doesn't help me now. I'm considering drilling a 3/32" hole in the throttle plate to try to help with idle surge when the throttle get slammed shut....still haven't moved the IAT sensor yet...if it pisses me off and FAST doesn't want to make the new system at all interchangable with the old harness, then I may try the new Modotek set-up...but at $1500-1600 it's last on my list of things to do...I really want to get the 5.0 ranger build dealt with first.

The idle oscillation I have now is better than it was, but I had to reset the base tune to get it there...the funny thing is, I set all my settings the same as they were before and it's much better, when it oscillates now it'll at least recover after a few times...before it wouldn't.

-Don
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
        X