Oil pan question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan question...

I did search for my answer but kinda didnt find it.... but im wondering if a Mustang 7qt standard or 7qt low profile "kick out" style oil pan will fir our chassis, mainly my 1990 Vic? About to start ordering parts for my 331 longblock swap.

Thanks in advance
    Vince
    1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
    1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
    2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

It should. From what I have read on here; Mustangs and Panther chassis use the same style oil pan.

Packman

Comment

Cool thanks packman.

Sent while like doing stuff and what not.
      1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
      1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
      2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

Comment

The only thing to look out for are the same issues with both. Don't get a pan with the drain plug between the humps (rear sump with forward facing plug). Those are a PITA to work with.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X