EEC III CFI to gt40 SEFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I have lightning egr spacers and 65mm throttle bodies with proper panther linkage installed for grabs if you go that route. In all honesty I have a HO cam that came in my rebuilt block as well as a good known working a9p computer.
    Hmm so with the lightning egr and tb what kind of cables will i have to run (length and style etc)? Lopo 5.0 sefi has the upper intake reversed from the gt40, so those cables wont reach. Cant flip it over with the stock explorer fuel rail (the regulator is in the way), will i need the lopo fuel rail instead? That way everything will just mount right in, even the cruise right?

Im def interested, sounds like its the simplest way to adapt everything over

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      If he installs the HO roller cam, he'll have to get dogbones, dogbone retainer spider, drill/tap the valley for the spider, and roller lifters as well as a new dizzy with a steel gear (or replace the gear on his with a steel one). I think a decent flat tappet cam would be fine for his uses.
      Awesome! Yeah its pricey for all that stuff, i found a complete kit locally on CL for 350 (everything was used except the cam), but if i can save a few bucks on an upgrade my engine really wont take advantage of, sign my up for flat tappet!

Originally posted by sly View Post
      As for cruise, as long as you can get the cable hooked up somehow, it should work since the control module is separate from the ECM. The only years that need to dick with rewiring the cruise are 88-91 IIRC. You should be able to change the cable on your cruise servo if needed.
      Gotcha, so even if i end up with a maf HO ECU (with integrated cruise) i wont have to mess with it as long as the cable reaches?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        I have lightning egr spacers and 65mm throttle bodies with proper panther linkage installed for grabs if you go that route. In all honesty I have a HO cam that came in my rebuilt block as well as a good known working a9p computer.
        I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those EGR spacer/throttle body combos.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Tempentry View Post
          Hmm so with the lightning egr and tb what kind of cables will i have to run (length and style etc)? Lopo 5.0 sefi has the upper intake reversed from the gt40, so those cables wont reach. Cant flip it over with the stock explorer fuel rail (the regulator is in the way), will i need the lopo fuel rail instead? That way everything will just mount right in, even the cruise right?

Im def interested, sounds like its the simplest way to adapt everything over
          I would recommend getting the 87 lopo fuel rail as well as all of its cables for cruise, transmission throttle valve as well as accelerator with its accompanying brackets.

You mount the GT 40 intake reversed. The lower intake is capable of complimenting that configuration. I am currently running one.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempentry View Post
            Gotcha, so even if i end up with a maf HO ECU (with integrated cruise) i wont have to mess with it as long as the cable reaches?
            That's the general idea. With the driver side intake setup and lightning spacer it should bolt up. You might need to grab the cruise server and cable from an 87-91 box as well. I think the electrical connector is the same, but I could be mistaken. Double check anything you pull for the correct ends.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is probably the car you're wanting some info from:

Eventually it ends up with an Explorer motor and a mass air ECM. There was a layover period where it was non-HO multiport, basically stock 86-91 style motor and such. You'd get slightly better performance vs what you have now, but its not going to be impressive by any stretch.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X