rear air shock replacements -- '91 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear air shock replacements -- '91 GM

Searched GMN and Summit, but didn't find what I was looking for. Are there any air shocks out there that are a fairly direct replacement of the stock air shocks? The rears on the '91 GM are pretty well shot. If you know of any brands or actual part numbers, I'm all ears. Thanks.

I know I could just do away with the air suspension like I did in S.U., but the '91 isn't my car (yet), so I'm trying to keep it stock . . . and affordable. Why do I get the feeling that it would just be cheaper to toss Moog 817's in back with regular shocks than to replace air shocks?

I'll have to look at my reciepts. The vic had air shocks on it when I got it but I put em on ange's car cause she needed shocks. They worked quite nice.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I used Gabriel hijackers on the linc. Had em in stock at Vato Zone when i stopped by.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I used Gabriel hijackers on the linc. Had em in stock at Vato Zone when i stopped by.
        Same exact thing here - Gabriel Hi-Jackers from AutoZone, had them in stock too. If you shell out extra $10 you can get the adapter kit that allows you to hook the new shocks to the old air line coming from the compressor.

Comment

thats whats on my car too, using the adapter to tie in to the factory auto level system.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well you're the one who found about that adapter's existence to begin with, remember I did my system before you so I had to get creative and used T-ee block & compression fittings for hydraulic lines

Comment

I forget where I even found that. I was puttering around on some website and located it. Probably Advance's website since I got it from them. If anyone actually wants the part number, I'll go find it again. I've posted it here or LoL before. I forget what the p/n is tho.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X