1986 MGM Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 MGM Brake Lines

Gents can you tell me the size of the brake line in my ride?
    In the spring I want to rip out all the lines (replaced one already that was rotted out) with Cunifer which should be easier than F-ing around with steel.
    Thanks for the info

The hard lines are usually 3/16" but you might want to double check

Comment

all the Panther lines I've ever seen are 3/16
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Thanks guys, btw..............NYC wind chill is now 15 below zero............or as "they" say..............cold as a witches "tit"

Comment

Oh, how much line should I purchase, Cunifer comes in rolls. No problem getting a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
              Thanks guys, btw..............NYC wind chill is now 15 below zero............or as "they" say..............cold as a witches "tit"
              And she's wearing a wet T-shirt!
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                Oh, how much line should I purchase, Cunifer comes in rolls. No problem getting a bit more.
                I usually buy NiCopp lines in 25' rolls
                Don't forget the fittings (or re-use yours)

Comment

The fittings at the prop valve are odd, so hopfully you can recycle them. The fittings at the other ends of the line are standard type fittings.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    The fittings at the prop valve are odd, so hopfully you can recycle them. The fittings at the other ends of the line are standard type fittings.
                    Are the fittings SAE or Metric? Fittings also 3/16th?

Comment

SAE double flare but the threads on the nut at the prop valve has larger threads than a standard 3/16 double flare fitting. All the rest are the usual size.

unless its just the hex part thats larger. At this point I don't remember for sure, other than something about those fittings is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        SAE double flare but the threads on the nut at the prop valve has larger threads than a standard 3/16 double flare fitting. All the rest are the usual size.

unless its just the hex part thats larger. At this point I don't remember for sure, other than something about those fittings is odd.
                        Nuts on the master cylinder are unique too! WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
                        X