Fattest Tires with out Mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fattest Tires with out Mods...

I wan't to put Mastercraft Avenger GT solid white letters on my vic.

I'm going to order some chrome 15x8's

I was thinking of this combo....

275/60/15 rear

245/60/15 front

but.....

295/50/15 is also available.......would it fit in the wheel well with no mods???

if not will the 275's work????

Also, should i use 15x7's in the front or would the 15X8's be ok???

thanks mangs
    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

295/50R15 should work
    in the fenders, but im not sure how well they will work on the 8" wide wheel. also whats the BS on those rear wheels
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
      295/50R15 should work
      in the fenders, but im not sure how well they will work on the 8" wide wheel. also whats the BS on those rear wheels
      BS is 3.75 in

would 15x10 work better, would it fit???

Comment

*bump*

Comment

15X10 would require 5.5" BS or 0" offset to work in the rear. (BS is 1/2 wheel width + 1/2")

I'd suggest a 15X9 with 4.5"-5" BS on the rear and go with 275/60s. Stick with the 245/60 with the 15X8s with 4"-4.5" bs in the front.

Comment

my 15x10s have 4" of BS and they sit too far out, 5 would be ideal for me, since a 295 is narrower than mine, you could get away with 5.5" of BS
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Ok cool

Thanks guys

Comment

I like my P245/60-15's on my 15X7's with 4 1/8in backspacing. Just barely clears on the inside, but clears everything fine and looks nice in my opinion.

I need wider back wheels thou. I got the same thing out back and they tuck way too far in. No clearance issues though.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ok new scenario

These wheels in the back

With 295/50/15's

These wheels in the front

With 235/60/15's

Will a 15x8 wheel with 4.75 inches of BS work in the back with such a wide tire?

Will I have to modify my exhaust?

I know a 295 is wide for a 15x8 rim, but according to the BF Goodrich chart it will work.

Last edited by 87vicFIVEO; 02-16-2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I ran BFG T/A 295/50/15 on a 15x7. I had ZERO traction. No contact patch
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I just put 215/60-15s goodyear assurance triple treads on the town car. handles great even in the snow. best rated tires I could find. now for the springs, shocks, brakes, and sway bars and I am all set.

Tim
                      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Quality is greater than quantity! This is always the case with tires. Spend money on better tires rather than larger tires.

Comment

i had 245/60/15's on turbines on my 84 vic......dunno about the turbine width tho they were turbines off od a 79 ranchero are they 6.5"

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

87vicFIVEO, the front wheels will work with those tires you picked, however for the 295s on the rear you want these wheels:

Problem is the backspacing is only 3.75", so you will have to probably jack the rear up a bit so tires don't rub on fender lips.

Comment

I have the 235/60 on the front and 275/60 on the back. Standard AR-23 wheels, 7 inch front, 8 inch back. No modifications needed anywhere. Kinda looks funky with the huge diameter tire on the back. Next time around I'll put on 295/50 to get the diameter closer to the front.
                              got the wheels from this guy on ebay. Darn good price. Included chrome lug nuts, valve stems, center cap and shipping in the price.
                              I'd stick with the 8" for the back. If you end up not liking the wide tire, you can always go back to a smaller one. With 10" rims you are locked in on size. 9" would be nice, but they come at a premium cost (expensive) and most manufacturers don't make them in the styles we like.
                              Attached Files
                              1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                              1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                              1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Working...
                              X