got a leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a leak

im leaking trans fluid from this location http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12-..._sol_small.jpg its not leaking from the threads its leaking from the around the lines where they enter the screw fittings... what is necessary to fix this? do i need new adapters?
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

yeah, the quick connect fittings are dead. They're replacable, if a bit of a pain in the ass to disconnect. Not "quick" by any means. Uses a tool that slides in there and you pull the line out. The fittings are for the 5/16" line and you should be able to pick them up in most parts stores if you can get them to understand what you're talking about.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thx for the quick reply! Would it hurt to put a few dabs of rtv on it until i get around to fixing it properly?
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

It will not help at all. Get the fittings.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
        X