The new plan. Wagon is done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new plan. Wagon is done.

Wagon is getting too beat racing. And I want it to be a bit more streetable. (all that needs is a front shock change)

So, the rules are:
    For the 2008 Season, CDC will be using a new index system to assign points. Points will be given based on an indexed time. We will no longer give points for raw time. As before, we will still drop the 4 lowest events.

The index will be the raw time multiplied with the following factors:

Tire Multiplier
    Street Tires = 1.00
    R-compounds = 1.03

Horsepower Multiplier
    Below 150 HP = 1.00
    150 HP to 250 HP = 1.01
    251 HP to 350 HP = 1.02
    Over 350 HP = 1.04

Vehicle Weight Multiplier
    Vehicle weight less than 2000 lbs = 1.02
    Vehicle weight 2001 to 2500 lbs = 1.01
    Vehicle weight 2501 to 3500 lbs = 1.00
    Vehicle weight over 3500 lbs = 0.99

First Place Trophy + 4 free passes
    Second Place Trophy + 2 free passes
    Third Place Trophy + 1 free pass
    So, 88 or so sedan...

Gutted interior- leave most of the dash and enough stuff to have a funtional heater.
    Remove all extraneous crap from under hood, leaving only EGR and wipers functional
    HO conversion (from my old 87) Some GT40 heads would be nice... but out of budget.
    4 cylinder t5
    3.55 track-loc
    afco's from the front of the wagon
    Solid bodymounts
    02 steering box swap
    3 link rear suspension with panhard bar boxed stock lowers
    front suspension will get new bushings.
    Brakes will remain stock, with only upgraded pads.
    1300lb fronts, 300lb rear springs
    wagon swaybar, pi swaybar- or custom newer bar setup
    wheels will be some cheap 9" or 10.5' mustang ones with 275/40/17 azenis (or whatever i can get cheap)

Hmm.... Now that I think about it...150 or less is a 1.00 multiplier... Stock lopo is les than that... With exhaust and HO upper it'd still run decent and would keep the low multiplier. With the 5 speed and reduced wieght I wonder how it would work.

Aynway, I could probably build the whole thing for under a grand. Would be nice and cheap, and I wouldn't be hurting the wagon.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

take the 89 vic.......regis needs to get us a title

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mike, will those 10.5" wheels fit? I have been looking at those, and I know you had a test fit on the wagon, but I have never seen or heard of them being tried on a sedan.

This sounds like a great project, and I'm sure it'll turn out well. The wagon will become just a tow vehicle, or just a milder toy for the street?

Also, rear disks, or just the stock drums?

Keep us updated...
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        Mike, will those 10.5" wheels fit? I have been looking at those, and I know you had a test fit on the wagon, but I have never seen or heard of them being tried on a sedan.

This sounds like a great project, and I'm sure it'll turn out well. The wagon will become just a tow vehicle, or just a milder toy for the street?

Also, rear disks, or just the stock drums?

Keep us updated...
        i stuck my brothers 17x10.5" cobras with a 285-40r17 tires on the back of my 85. i did not have a rotor on it, but they should fit with minimal work (rolling the inner lip and beating the wheel well)
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Sedans I think might be a bit different in the back comapred to the wagon. I dunno when I'd get that big of wheels anyway. I'll have to test fit some eventually. With the racecar I won't have any issue cutting stuff up to fit tires.

Probably stock drums. Autocross doesn't require much for stopping power, so the brakes will probably stay stock for a bit.

Comment

Solid body mounts? Anyone ever do this before? I'm interested if it doesn't stress crack the body to bits.

Comment

Nope, hasn't been done. My car has stress cracks from the bad stockers and the poly's. I also know a a certain drag car that ripped the roof apart on the stock mounts.

Comment

Wagon rears are different. For whatever reason the rear suspension has more droop as well.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Working...
                X