steering box lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering box lines

my 00 steering box is almost ready to install and i want to know about the lines which one is press,return cause im gonna add a cooler and which line do i use to goto cooler.also what i need to know is the line ends on the 00 lines what type of flare is that which goes into the box because if i could get the 87 cv wag line end made as the 00 end i would not have to cut lines making a clean look.
    Attached Files

the return line is the one with the plain clamp on it....trans cooler hose works.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

do you have the lines for the 2000 steering box? they are some kind of weird flare and metric threads you have to mate a new box ps hose with the line for the 98-02 steering box.....i flare both ends and use a union......been tested on mrltd's autocross wagon for a couple years now and no leak issues.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ok flare both ends and use a union

Comment

got any pic on the steering box lines

Comment

Comment

another slightly different implementation of the same thing. There is also the steering coupler to take into account. Need the upper shaft from the box, and the lower coupler from the late model. Also need a rag joint repair kit to put the parts together.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for pics now which line do i use for runing a cooler.do i use the return line and run lines to cooler then to pump or do i use pressure line to cooler to pump

Comment

The return.... I'd like to see someone try the high pressure side.

Comment

If you get the lines off a cop car, the return line has a piece of rubber hose molded exactly perfect to mate to a stock PS cooler. Thats what I'm using on mine, and it looks like it was designed to be there.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      If you get the lines off a cop car, the return line has a piece of rubber hose molded exactly perfect to mate to a stock PS cooler. Thats what I'm using on mine, and it looks like it was designed to be there.

Same on mine. Works great and looks very stock

Comment

Working...
                      X