body mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body mounts

i just bought the Energy Suspension 9.4102G Black HyperFlex Polyurethane Isolator Sets.i broke the bolt off the rear mount of my wag and middle one under drivers door wont come out it just spins so i stopped is there any tips to get these out safetly

All depends on which ones they are.... None are easy. you need to drill access holes above the mount to get to the nuts. You also need the shims Scott had made or the body will slip around on the frame.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

heres some pics
      Attached Files

Comment

time to get out the drill. 2 of mine broke too, both in the trunk. I also had a spinny one, the metal clip that holds the nut in place broke, and it wouldn't thread out. I cut a hole for that one too so I could get the old bolt out. I put a new nut in and its all good. Can't really give you any more specific advice than that, its a nasty job and those bolts are really ignorant to deal with when they snap.

Oh, suggestion if you haven't already, spray the other bolts liberally with good penetrating oil. Get it up as close to the threads as possible with the straw. Hopefully it will let the others come loose without issues.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+3
          you also need spacers.....dont think i have a full set at the moment tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well the one should be easy to get to since there is that nice hole right there!
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

what bolts should i use full thred or half thred and these spacers can i make myself
              Attached Files

Comment

half thread is fine. Only need the last inch or so. m10x1.50x85 is the bolt you need. mcmaster-carr has them. also need lockwashers and you'll want nuts for the ones that broke off.

spacers would need to be made on a lathe or something of that nature. Basically its a washer machined down to the proper outer diameter, and the inner diameter is opened up to fit the bushing properly.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok thanks do i need these spacers that are machined down and if i dont use these what would happen with just the spacers that came with bushings
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
                    ok thanks do i need these spacers that are machined down and if i dont use these what would happen with just the spacers that came with bushings
                    the body will slide around on the frame
                    if you want a set, i have to get more made

just placed the order for 50 more washers.........50 dollars a set shipped mang
                    pm me for more info

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                    X