I want to lower my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
    The asshats at autozone gave me the wrong application compressor, imagine that. I questioned it when I got it but they swore it was correct. I wish that were my only problem with them. I hope they fail in this economy. Is it wrong to pray for a company to fail?
    No, not really. I go to Murray's or Advance nowadays. I no longer care to "get in the zone".

And, AIG should have died off long ago. Shit happens, deal with it, learn, and move on. You can't do that with the GOV licking your taint.

Comment

Ever see the spring compressors that use the frame as the upper plate? They have one set of hooks at the bottom, and a threaded plate that sits on top of the frame. Crank the screw up, and the spring is pulled straight up into the frame so the arm can be put in without having to fiddle with lining up the spring on the proper angle. They're quite nice, but hard to find and sort of expensive. I suspect its because they only work on Panthers and old cars anymore.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That sounds pretty neat. Got a link to any pics?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Tom showed me a pic of a black lowered 2-door that looked pretty sweet, though. That thing was literally on the ground, but still had some rake to it.
          Does this pic still exist? I would to see it if possible? Tom?
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

i lowered the front of mine by heating up the coils and letting it settle itself. sits about a inch off bump stops.. have not done anything to the rear yet.
            sigpic

Comment

I used the wrong compressors when I took apart and reassembled the front end of my friend's '69 Cutlass. I ruined the threads (on the compressor), but I did make it work. Can't say I wasn't afraid for the well being of my face though.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                Does this pic still exist? I would to see it if possible? Tom?
                Here you go.

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Details on those pics?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Details on those pics?

Bags slammed to the floor and shaved door handles. Whats too come on GMGT.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thats way to low for me lol, the first pic i like better but the front end would need to be at least one if not two inches up
                      sigpic
                      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

you guys ever see those bolt on clamps that go between the coils? you can either use them to spread or bring together two coils

we sell them at my napa but i think theyre only for rear springs. i could get the set of 4 for under $20
                        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Working...
                        X