Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I am getting wheels and Idk what to get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some 15" versions. Not sure if they are OE or not, but I know of several companies that make them in 15" diameter, and various widths.

The trim rings are hideous on those.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yea, ive seen the 15" aftermarket ones. most seem to come with the cuda/challenger hubs though, so they dont quite cooperate with the dart, which is why my dad grabs every set he finds. he dont like the trim rings either, all the sets that have been on the car had the trim rings pulled off and some fresh aluminum paint on the rim, i like the center caps though. i shall have to see how they look on a box just for shits and giggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        This is coming from someone who thinks 17" wheels would be better.....but in this case, I think I would go with....15" Magnum 500 wheels.

15x7 front, 245/60R15 BFG tires....
        15x8 rear, 275/60R 15 BFG tires....

The lower the car 2"....

Problem Solved.
        What he said. Exactly what he said. 17" are cool and offer way better handling, however this 2-door is more of a muscle-car type and thus the combination suggested by Larry will fit it great, whereas 17s would be more suitable for a more sport-oriented vehicle such as a Mustang or a Mark VII ...

Comment

i will second that... 15's and some fat white letter BFG's would look great on that car for sure. more muscle car lookin. some bullit style wheels would be sick.
          Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

get some 13'' gold daytons
            1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

For a 17"? I'd consider the black or silver "Soft D" wheel in your choice of 17x7, 17x8, etc, and add a set of '98-'02 centercaps for a near-factory look.

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              This is coming from someone who thinks 17" wheels would be better.....but in this case, I think I would go with....15" Magnum 500 wheels.

15x8 front, 265/50R15 tires....
              15x10 rear, 295/50R 15 tires....

The lower the car 2"....

Problem Solved.
              Fixed that for you, though I know big attention to offset will be important for running a 15x10 on a sedan.

Mopar police wheels from Wheel Vintiques (either version) would also be very nice 15" options, and the ones I had most strongly considered before coming into possession of a certain set of ancient turbines. Cragar V-5s in either black or silver would be a good budget option in 15" or 16".

Or, of course, it's hard to go wrong with used factory 16x7" steelies with 225/60 or 235/60 tires.
              Last edited by 1987cp; 05-29-2009, 12:38 AM.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                For a 17"? I'd consider the black or silver "Soft D" wheel in your choice of 17x7, 17x8, etc, and add a set of '98-'02 centercaps for a near-factory look.

Fixed that for you, though I know big attention to offset will be important for running a 15x10 on a sedan.

Mopar police wheels from Wheel Vintiques (either version) would also be very nice 15" options, and the ones I had most strongly considered before coming into possession of a certain set of ancient turbines. Cragar V-5s in either black or silver would be a good budget option in 15" or 16".

Or, of course, it's hard to go wrong with used factory 16x7" steelies with 225/60 or 235/60 tires.
                Good luck finding those 265/50R 15's....

Comment

Second hit on Summit when you search for "Cooper Cobra." Like you didn't know.

Only question would be, are you comfortable running a Cooper Cobra? There's some generic brand too that offers a 265/50/15, but I can't remember its name right now.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

SLOTS! 15" mag slots have got to be the best damn looking wheel I've ever seen on a box. I have 15x8's on my 87 and they just make it look mean and clean when they're polished out(which is always, since they've forced me to develop O.C.D.) Check them out before you make your final decision. I believe the murphmobile is rolling on a set of them as well...

Comment

Polished wheels are beat. Been there, done that.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                      X