quick wheel Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick wheel Q?

i found some craigslist rims and when i looked at the pics he actually had them on a Box Panther and i asked him how they fit and heres the reply i got

The rims will not fit right on your car, and they dont fit right on my car either, you need adapters if your cars hub is the same as mine which is 5 x 4.5 . The rims bolt pattern is 5 x 5.0 ( 5 x 127 metric) , so if your cars hub pattern is 5 x 4.5 ( or 5 x 114 or 114.3 in metric ) then it is possible to put the rims on with the adapters i have.
    so with his adapters they'll be good to go on my car right?
    1989 Grand Marquis GS

that's what he said...So should be good.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

If they fit on his box Panther they'll fit on yours. GM wheels on a Ford. :naughty:

Comment

ohh so those are GM wheel adapters? those may come in handy some day lol
        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

5x5 is a truck bolt pattern I think. Gotta watch the offset with those. Probably need about a 1" thick adapter to clear the stock lug nuts. That might push the wheel outward too far. I'd want to see them installed before buying, that way you can see if they look all retarded or not.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

this was his CL pic

1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

I think it looks cool. *dodges tomato*
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

how big are those? they look like 19s or 20s. a bit big if you ask me, but then again im not a fan of low profile rubber on big wheels

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  5x5 is a truck bolt pattern I think. Gotta watch the offset with those. Probably need about a 1" thick adapter to clear the stock lug nuts. That might push the wheel outward too far. I'd want to see them installed before buying, that way you can see if they look all retarded or not.
                  5x5.5 is F150. 5.5 is GM car, S10, and I believe Jeep Wrangler.

Comment

theyre 20's

i want some wires but im prolly gonna get a good deal on these
                    1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                      5x5.5 is F150. 5.5 is GM car, S10, and I believe Jeep Wrangler.
                      S10 is 5 x 4.75, so were GM cars, up until the "whale body" Impala/Caprice, when they changed over to 5 x 5, like the full size pickups.
                      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Wheels bigger than 18" are evil.

But, it's not my car, so whatever floats your boat!
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Dodge half tons are also 5x5.5.

I believe our '81 Caprice is 5x5; but it may be 5x4.75.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
                            S10 is 5 x 4.75, so were GM cars, up until the "whale body" Impala/Caprice, when they changed over to 5 x 5, like the full size pickups.
                            Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                              Shut up, shut up, shut up!
                              Couldn't help myself....All that useless trivia came flooding back from my years on the "dark side" .
                              People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X