Squeaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaking

I hear squeaking when i go over bumps, divits, when i turn, and when i get in (not out). Is it the springs, shocks, etc?

I read on an older post in the 4.6 section that someone's ball joint snapped. I dont have that kind of money to put in this car right now. What could it be?
    2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

anyone?

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

Ball joint is my first guess unfortunately. If its got over 100k, I'd almost guarantee thats what it is. Could also be the sway bar endlinks or control arm bushings though. Have someone push on the car while you feel around for the noise. It should be obvious whats carrying on when you put your hand on it. If its ball joints, get them changed ASAP, they can and will seperate, and thats a potential huge disaster when they come apart at speed.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Ball joint is my first guess unfortunately. If its got over 100k, I'd almost guarantee thats what it is. Could also be the sway bar endlinks or control arm bushings though. Have someone push on the car while you feel around for the noise. It should be obvious whats carrying on when you put your hand on it. If its ball joints, get them changed ASAP, they can and will seperate, and thats a potential huge disaster when they come apart at speed.
        I'm also thinking ball joints, although I'm leaning more toward the uppers. If you can reach the ball joints while someone pushes up and down on the car, you can occasionally feel the offending unit creaking...

Comment

thnx again gadget for answering the same post here that i posted in the 4.6 tech.

Sorry for the double threads. I couldnt get an answer here so i went to the 4.6 tech.

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

A sad truth you'll find is that old cars squeak. Eventually you'll encounter one that you'll never find. It's best to get used to it if you've already checked all the safety concerns.

My car has had a body creak the entire time I owned it that happens when I went over a bump. It sounds like it comes from where the passenger side A-pillar met with the roof.

Comment

Working...
            X