brake light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake light on

the dummy light on my wife 86 CVW came on, and am not sure why.. new brake line, new rear breaks, break fluid flush (it was nasty) and that was 4500 miles ago. she says it stops fine, and i checked the fluid and it was still clean and full... what to check now?
    f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
    86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
    slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
    79 fairmont - DD

There should be a button under the Dash that is ingauaged when the e brake is pressed, That could be stuck. If anything unplug it an see what happens.

Comment

YEA EBRAKE HAS ALREADY BEEN CHECKED
      f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

unplug the wire at the prop valve down on the frame. If the light goes out, it may be a failed switch in the prop valve. If it doesn't go out, its the switch for the e-brake. Might want to try re-bleeding the brakes but those switches have been known to fail before.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

okie thanks!
          79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Working...
          X