No announcement yet.

Weird clunking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know - I almost added that at the end of my last post! I was gonna say "That's it, 200 mile drive or no, I gotta see Scott on this one!"

Got a call today, he found it - looks like a bolt is loose (or missing?) from the upper control arm - but things are holding just tightly enough that a notable amount of force is required to make the stuff move, thus why if I braked gently, the problem wouldn't manifest itself.

He says he'll definitely get back to me today with the final details and whether or not it's something he could fix, but if he can't do it, I'm gonna have to make an appoinment with you and plan a trip!
    Last edited by King_V; 12-04-2009, 04:04 PM.
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Fixed - turns out that it was the one that, at whatever angle he was working it from, was more easily accessed going above after removing the air cleaner box than anything else.

I'm just glad it turned out to be something relatively minor, if odd.
      1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
      Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
      Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
      Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Working...
      X