Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizer bar bushings

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me which way the split in the stabilizer bar bushings face, front or rear of the vehicle? I can't find a definitive answer. Also, what do the bolts thread into? It feels like one may be stripped.(afraid to keep tightening it!)
    This is on a 1988 Colony Park. TIA

Forgot to mention, this is the front bar
    Last edited by sleke; 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM.

BUMP

Comment

Doesn't matter which way you face the split. I think mine may actually go in opposite directions.

Bolts are threaded directly into holes tapped in the frame. They do strip, there isn't a lot of thread engagement there. If it pulls out, just drill and tap it to the next larger bolt size.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the response Gadget. I only asked because in my Chevy books for my trucks, it specifies for those to face the front. Thanks again!
        Last edited by sleke; 01-06-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

No problem. I just double checked in my factory shop manual and it makes no mention of the bushings needing to face any particular direction. It basically says stick them on and bolt it up.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X