New wheels opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
    DuceAnAhalf - I think the 165's are kinda small but I think a box will look fine if a person where to step up to a full 26'' tall skinny on the front, and keep the back tire tucked under the body '' no offense intended '' and maybe drop the car down an inch from stock in the back and 2 inches in the front to set it down on the shorter tire a little better, I think it would look awesome personally.

BTW the pic of your car launching it the strip looks awesome I love how it looks in that pic.
    none taken, the 325/50r15 will fit under the fenders, but the cragers i have are 6" of B.S. where 5 or 5.5" is better for a 12" wheel, the tires stick out enough to rub the fenders forcing me to keep the rear higher. i have a set of 15x11 (iirc) draglites in 5.5" bs and some 26x10 slicks that fit much better
    you can see how well they fit

http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Looks much better with the draglites with the better backspacing.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Chevy Corvette-style rally wheels

Like these:

Mounted on a box GM:

What are your thoughts on this?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Not bad. Expensive buggers, though. Seems they're around $90 each from Wheel Vintiques, plus something like $20 each for centercaps and $15 each for trim rings.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Corvette Rallys look best without a trim ring, and with the small low rise or poverty cap.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Which actual cap is the one referred to as a "poverty cap"? Pretty sure those Rally(e?) centercaps clip on differently than the dogdishes that come to mind when I think "poverty cap". Then again, what do I know, the only centercaps I've ever owned are push-throughs for aftermarket wheels or the chome plastic '98-ish cop/Exploder centers.

Comment

Just to make sure they are going to look like 0mm offset wheels, I have ordered one Summit Racing 141 Series Legend 5 wheel. According to the support folks at Summit, it should have a decent lip and actually look like a deep wheels (unlike the one in the picture). Can't wait to get it, and I hope that I'll be ordering the other 3 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                  In this picture, you can see the wheelie bars he's attempting to install under the rear of the car.

Comment

As a follow up to this, the wheel looks good, but no matter how wide or how skinny you order them, the front will look exactly as it does in the picture. No depth. So I sent it back and am resuming search for good looking and affordable 0mm offset wheels.

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                    Just to make sure they are going to look like 0mm offset wheels, I have ordered one Summit Racing 141 Series Legend 5 wheel. According to the support folks at Summit, it should have a decent lip and actually look like a deep wheels (unlike the one in the picture). Can't wait to get it, and I hope that I'll be ordering the other 3 soon.

Comment

What's the story with the additional set of big-inch wheels? I'd thought you were pretty happy with the Cobra-styled wheels that replaced the 15" turbines.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        What's the story with the additional set of big-inch wheels? I'd thought you were pretty happy with the Cobra-styled wheels that replaced the 15" turbines.
                        Well, technically, the wheels I have now were the lesser of the cheap evils. If it weren't for the front brake upgrade, I'd definitely be rocking the sweet Western Turbines for style, god I miss those.

But my wheels looking like they are +40mm offset wheel even though it actually is 0mm wheel is the problem. I'd really like to have something with some lip. Like instead of what I have (1st pic), maybe something like these (second pic). Or course those second one are from American Racing, are custom order, and would be about $1400 for a set.

Comment

check it out blaze. http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=50

If you wanting some deep wheels your surely to find them there, there a lil more toward the luxury look but still good place to start VIP cars run some crazy wheels.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                            check it out blaze. http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=50

If you wanting some deep wheels your surely to find them there, there a lil more toward the luxury look but still good place to start VIP cars run some crazy wheels.
                            Wow, those are all 18" and up. Damn, 17's are already out of date. Some VERY nice wheels on there. But I just can't justify newer styled wheels, they just don't look as good on an old car. Plus the cost for tires that diameter wheel would force me to drive around on metal I have a real old school taste when it comes to wheels (even if I do go with 17" wheels for handling).

Comment

Good grief, 18" polished "diamond cut" whatevers are their "cheap" wheels?

And what the hell kind of car is this, an Aveo?

Incidentally, I noticed a thread on the H.A.M.B. where folks were bashing the quality of Wheel Vintiques wheels. Someone recommended some place called "Early Wheel". Doesn't look offhand like they offer a lot of different styles, but the prices look comparable, and they seem to offer a lot of options for fitment. http://www.earlywheel.com/rallywheels.html

Comment

I never said they where cheap lol. Just said there where some serious wheels there. But agreed if your going for the old school production look, their not quite right. I will keep my eyes open and see if I can find you something Im on all kinds of forums so I will keep my eye open. You are wanting a 17x9 0 offset right?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X