brake system info questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake system info questions

Was the '95-'00 booster different for cop vs. non-cop? A quick look at car-part.com revealed different listings (and higher prices) if specifying police package for a representative '97 model year.

BTW, this must be stickied!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Hm... after this post was moved, now my comment at the bottom makes this post look completely random.

Here's a link to the context of the question: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...92&postcount=3 (and no, apparently I couldn't read in the first post when Gadget said not to interrupt him)

Still interested in having this answered if anyone knows. Also curious whether the '95-'00 (which I presume to be the one pictured below) might just happen to be a direct bolt-on for earlier stuff ..... It sure looks from the pictures like it might be, but I know very little about boosters (I tend to avoid removing them at nearly all costs).

Comment

I'm 95% sure it is a bolt-on. Freshmeat and Blaze installed that later smaller diameter booster to do 5 speed conversions since it allowed the clutch cable to route through the firewall.

No idea if its different police vs non-police, or what the difference would be. Maybe look it up on rockauto and see if its a different part number? Could be the junkyard is pricing it higher because its a "high performance rare special police part" instead of what it probably is: the same thing thats in Grandma's car.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        No idea if its different police vs non-police, or what the difference would be. Maybe look it up on rockauto and see if its a different part number? Could be the junkyard is pricing it higher because its a "high performance rare special police part" instead of what it probably is: the same thing thats in Grandma's car.
        Hm. On both RockAuto and Napaonline, the pictures and descriptions look identical except for the civvie ones being black and the cop ones being grey/silver. Curiously, on both sites the non-cop ones are a bit more expensive.

5473197 ..... Cop ......... 93.49 + 38.90 core @ NAPA, 66.89 + 35 core @ RockAuto
        5473183 ..... Non-cop ... 96.99 + 38.90 core @ NAPA, 71.79 + 35 core @ RockAuto

Funky. So far, looks like the right answer is to just buy whichever is cheaper. Will have to look into this more for trivia's sake.

Trying to remember, are Blaze and Freshmeat both running stock Box-body master cylinders? Will have to go scouring for that info as well, one of these days.

Comment

I think they are, but don't hold me to that.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X