I need some rake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some rake.

My front suspension is done. I got new rims and tires to go with it. My rear suspension is next. My rear tires are 295/75/15's mounted on 15X10's. Everything fits great except that the outter tops of the tires scrape the Catalina body wheel well a bit. I want som stiffer lifting springs and/or air shocks. Please advise what combo would work best. I like the air shocks idea because I can adjust them on the go with a shrader valve mounted on the bumber. One way or another my rear springs are bad and I need to know which ones you guys recommend. Stickies reviewed and the cheaper the better.
    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

Hope you didn't just get it aligned. Jacking the rear up will screw with the caster settings.

Wagon cargo coils should give you a bit of lift, or even just new stock springs if you're running 1982 originals. If you need more suspension travel, 99 F150 2wd shocks will work if you pull the metal sleeve out. They also come in an air shock if you need more lift. I have a set on my car.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ha, I sure did just get it aligned, but they screwed it up any ways. I need an excuse to do it again. I like the air shocks deal. where. do you have your sharder valve placed?
      sigpic

Comment

I have auto level suspension on my car so there is no valve. It just runs to the air compressor in the trunk.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I found some monroe shocks that come with the air hoses and a shrader valve. thats solved. However the local parts houses dont carry the rear springs. I stumbled onto this though on ebay. Will thses work???

sigpic

Comment

They look stock. CC819 will give the lift you want. That Cat. body is heavy so I would go with big springs.
            89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Working...
            X