1991 jeep cherokee sport wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 jeep cherokee sport wheels?

Friends of mine have a 91 Jeep...they're close to getting rid of it, but the aluminum wheels look in pretty good shape. All I know is that they're 15s, 5 bolt, and the jeep is a 4x4 (don't know if that matters)

Any chance of someone out here knowing whether or not Cherokee wheels fit our cars?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3mm....so far so good. what else do i need to find out about them to know whether or not they'll fit? would i need to just try one?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

i had a jeep wheel on one of my cars once as a spare. it fit fairly well. i think they have the same off set

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice. Thanks.....dunno when I will get them but dibs are mine.
        sigpic

Comment

Guys have used Explorer wheels on Panthers... I have Jeep wheels on my Explorer...
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I like hearing this. The wheels look in great shape and I think they will look boss on my car. They remind me of the outlaw wheels that 91grandmarquis has
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I think the off-set is wrong. Isn't it the same from cherokees to wranglers?
                If so, they'll fit, but if you run them on the front without spacers they'll hit when turning.

After my sister bought my 81' CV (this was years ago) her husband was given two wheels/tires of a 90's jeep wrangler. He put them on the front.....and rippped them all to hell......

EDIT:
                pic of my mark VII parts car with jeep wheels on the back. Notice how well they fit?
                and since mark VII wheels reqire adaptors to be run on a panther......

Last edited by andymac0035; 05-01-2010, 12:51 AM.
                Former panther owner
                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

if that's the case i'll run spacers if they're not retarded expensive. i really like those wheels.
                  Last edited by 1990LTD; 05-01-2010, 02:10 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

toms vic had jeep wheels on it when i bought it in 2005........they fit, but your going to need at least 1/2" spacers up front.....had 1/4" spacers on the car when i got it, and the front tires rubbed the upper control arms slightly

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

gentle jesus...spacers are more than the wheels would be worth
                      sigpic

Comment

Never did like spacers, just get wheels that fit. I know it's easier said than done.
                        89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          gentle jesus...spacers are more than the wheels would be worth
                          I bought four 1/2" lug adapters for like $120 if I remember correctly... what kind of prices are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                            I bought four 1/2" lug adapters for like $120 if I remember correctly... what kind of prices are you seeing?

That is accurate but on the low end of the spectrum, at least around here
                            sigpic

Comment

Are these rims gonna be free? If so, sell them and put the money into "the Mothership". My vote is to stick with the TC rims
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X