X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do coil springs come with insulators?

or do you need to buy 'em separate?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

they dont come with, you need to get them seperate

poly coil spring insulators come with the energy suspension front bushing sets btw

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

cool...just doing rear springs for now i think. it's my birthday next week and i was told i needed to pick a present. might order the cc819s.

it might ride funny with all new shocks, new rear coils, and original coils up front. what do you think?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'd think you'll still be VERY happy. I like the way cargos flatten out the handling a bit.

Rear insulators at Rock, $3.96/ea: MOOG Part # K62032

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          they dont come with, you need to get them seperate

Super-thick poly coil spring insulators come with the energy suspension front bushing sets btw
          Fixed that. The ES insulators looked to me to add probably 3/4" of height to my front springs. I'm actually considering removing them, but the rear sits high enough with the wagon springs that it at least looks OK for now.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            cool...just doing rear springs for now i think. it's my birthday next week and i was told i needed to pick a present. might order the cc819s.

it might ride funny with all new shocks, new rear coils, and original coils up front. what do you think?
            No it won't. And front springs are to annoying to change anyways.
            My 91 with new shocks all around and cargo coils out back rode fine. And I even reused the old insulators.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Not that it's any of my business, but what's the motivation for buying new springs?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                And I even reused the old insulators.
                GASP!

I did too, I forgot to buy them and already had a shock cut.

Pete
                Originally posted by gadget73
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post

nah.......my towny has the original springs

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                    I'd think you'll still be VERY happy. I like the way cargos flatten out the handling a bit.

Rear insulators at Rock, $3.96/ea: MOOG Part # K62032

Pete
                    thanks!! shipping on them is 60 bucks for some damn reason, and it even ships from the same location as the CC819s!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Not that it's any of my business, but what's the motivation for buying new springs?
                      rear end is sagging. if i'm going to spend money on new springs i'm going to get something that gives me a bit more than stock ride height.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had good results (so far) with cleaning the original spring isolators from my car and conditioning them with Wurth rubber care. I also wrapped the bottoms of my rear springs with approx 6" of high-temp silicone lined heater hose. I put a very light coat of brake lube on the bottom coil, and the proper size hose slid right on by hand. It also sits very nicely on the spring perch after it settles in for a few hours. This way, the rear seemed noticeably quieter, while affecting ride height by barely 1/8". I just figured it's a cheap and readily available option.

Comment

for some reason, ordering CC819s and insulators, plus a PCV valve grommet costs MORE than ordering CC819s in one order and the insulators/grommet in another. weird canadiadia shipping.

either way, I have some rear variable rate cargo coils on their way to me. happy birthday to me.
                          sigpic

Comment

gonna have to smuggle you parts across the border maybe we can steal patrick swayze's train

Comment

grand theft swayze train.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X