Major Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Issue

Driving home tonight the car starts to vibrate and then I here a loud thud and what seems like to be the Drive shaft hitting the floor and banging like a Mother Fawker but the drive shaft is not hanging or anything and is still connecteed. Upon trying to pull the car home in Neutral the same symptons occur and even feels like the rear wheel is rolling something over every now and then..so i decided to leave the car where it was at till morning.. Please Help Mangs I have no idea WTF is wrong with it.... Thanks Mangs

I'm not really one to ask by any means, but my uneducated guess would be differential problems. Just a wild guess, though.

Comment

Thats what Im thinking, Maybe a tooth off the Pinion gear.. But I just chaged the fluid in the rear end and it was emaculate

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
        Thats what Im thinking, Maybe a tooth off the Pinion gear.. But I just chaged the fluid in the rear end and it was emaculate
        well if you had same issue in nuterual, than im willing to bet that the rear done grenaded itself.
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

driveshaft still turns in neutral......remove the driveshaft and see if it rolls, if it does not, the rear is bad

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'll check all of that out but I have to get it towed first back to my friends house who's gunna work on it, As of now its like 15 blocks away from my house on a side street.. I hate that its over there too. But thanks for the input mangs

Comment

Welp, found out what the problem is... The drive shaft fell out in front (trans) Only if that bitch would have waited two days for the U-joints, I had them sitting on the front seat.

Comment

so the U-joints let go? im guessing the shaft was riding on top of the Hpipe?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

was gonna say U joints when I first saw the thread 2 mins ago, but I guess you figured that out already.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

bad universal joints are nothing to play around with......you are lucky that the car did not pole vault itself down the street

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Eep.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I am lucky, The H pipe acted like a drive shaft loop.. the shaft got kinda beat up considering its aluminum (didnt know that) and the slip yoke being a cast piece but My buddy spent lots of time fixing her back up and shes all beter now.. and hell yea thats nutin to play with, I have been in a car where the Drive shaft fell and pole vaulted its ass right in the air talk about noise Haha

Comment

glad you got all fixed up mang.

Comment

Me too mang.. I just need to do some other various things to her, But this weather sucks ass around here

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              Me too mang.. I just need to do some other various things to her, But this weather sucks ass around here
                              nyisnt much different i have to shovel 3 ft of snow a couple times a week justt o get out of my friveway

Comment

Working...
                              X