Handling problem (driver problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post
    Why would I get new tires that are in excellent condition?
    That'll cost me $1000.
    Where on earth do you get your tire prices? Tirerack.com has several 235/60/16 tires for under $100 each.

Personally, I don't give a #$@! about treadwear ratings, or appearance. I just buy the best-performing tire I can afford for the job I need it to do. Funny thing, I can never afford that much $$$, but I always end up with safe-handling tires. If you're more worried about treadwear and fancy styling ....
    Last edited by 1987cp; 11-17-2011, 09:16 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Where on earth do you get your tire prices? Tirerack.com has several 235/60/16 tires for under $100 each.

Personally, I don't give a #$@! about treadwear ratings, or appearance. I just buy the best-performing tire I can afford for the job I need it to do. Funny thing, I can never afford that much $$$, but I always end up with safe-handling tires. If you're more worried about treadwear and fancy styling ....
      He wants Vogue tires, a specific brand known for spiffy/blingy whitewalls.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I've heard of Vogue. All the old ladies at my apartment building in Detroit had them on their Cadillacs. If this thread is any indication, I guess they must've stayed safe by just driving really, really slow.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

They're fine if not old. They seem to be the tire to have on your Cataract. Me being cheap, I go for price, durability, and performance. I always end up with a blackwall H or V rated tire that costs under 200 per. They may not look as cool, but I can't see them from behind the wheel.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You need to look at the inside sidewall for the DOT code if you only looked at the visible side, manufacturers only have to print it on one side of the tire.

Pull your rear wheels and snug up the rear brakes. Pull drum, file off ridge, turn star wheel a few clicks, slip on drum, rock it back and forth, you should hear and feel the brakes drag. Goto the other side and adjust for about the same feel of drag. That'll help out your braking.

Slow down when its wet. Sway bars as somebody mentioned make it easier for the car to oversteer. Add wet and you can easily get out of whack.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
            X