Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

body mounts! spacer dimensions? can I then lower the car w/o mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body mounts! spacer dimensions? can I then lower the car w/o mounts?

Hi!

So I'm on a weird schedule.
    I have next week, then I'm gone for 3 weeks, then I have one more week to do all of this.
    I definitely want to get it done. There's serious play in the rear bushings in particular.

First things first: what are the dimensions of the body mount spacers? I'm not sure lincolnmania can get another set (he has to order a LOT at once),
    so I need to source them myself. Either with a local machine shop, or piecing together prefab washers and tubing from the internets. Can someone post a photo with some measurements, inside and outside, etc., of what I'm looking for??

Second thing: can I remove the body mounts this week, lower the car back onto its wheels with the body disconnected so it looks OK to the neighbors, then lift it back up again when I return to town? (not driving it of course!)

Finally, since it doesn't merit its own thread, I wanted to ask about fuel lines? I'm doing the line at least from the tank to the filter, and probably from the filter to where it goes up to the engine. That's the worst, scariest, rustiest bit. Do I just need to by friggin 5x those 5/16" dorman repair kits at $10 a pop? How do I handle the quick-disconnect ends? (or, do I create a bubble flare-- I need to learn what that is-- get some high pressure hose, a generic-fit fuel filter, and some hose clamps, and handle it that way except with a single OE-style clip where it joins the engine?)
    Just give me some direction to look in, then I'll find the rest on youtube guides.

lol-- just siphoned gas for the first time (to empty the gas tank, for dropping tomorrow)! fun times. Didn't set the neighborhood on fire, but I might have mouth cancer now...

Comment

bump.

Scotty seems to be AFK

I'm leaving on Friday for a long trip, then I have July 21-27 to get my body mounts in.
      I'd like to make arrangements to procure spacers THIS week, via scotty's machine shop, or a local one, or whatever I can work out-- so I have them on hand for July 21st.

Someone please give me some dimensions to work with, or scotty's #, lol

Comment

Working...
      X