Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever put Jeep wheels on their box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever put Jeep wheels on their box?

I'd like to change out the turbines for something different, but naturally funds are limited. Also I will using stock brakes for the time being. I was looking at the 5 spoke XJ Wrangler wheels 15x7, mid 90's Jeep Grand Cherokee 'snowflake/spider' 15x7 wheels, or mid 90's standard Jeep Grand Cherokee 15x7 wheels all are 5x4.5 bolt circle.

From what I can find, the XJ wheels would be very close on the offset, the Grand Cherokee wheels have 8mm larger offset, both are about 1mm larger on the center bore though. Anyone have any insight or picture if they've done it?

1990 Grand Marquis GS
    Bone Stock

obligatory: Nothing better than Turbines.

If you're considering ever doing big brakes... go with at least a 16 inch and preferably 17 inch wheel. Otherwise... ignore this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Obligatory: Nothing better than Turbines.
      Also,

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I think Scott's old 87 Vic had Heep wheels on it when he got it. Seems to me the offset is wrong and it rubbed the control arm. If my fuzzy memory from almost 10 years ago now is correct, you'd need spacers to make it all fit proper-like.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

your right, they rubbed a little

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It's good to know that they rub, thanks. These are the wheels I was considering, but if I'm going to need wheel spacers, it probably won't be the way I go.

15x7 Snowflakes

15x7 5 spokes

1990 Grand Marquis GS
            Bone Stock

Comment

I like the TJ ones

Comment

my wife dodge intrepid 16in steelie and dount fit my 1990 mercury grand marquis ls and there a 225/60R16

Comment

Originally posted by Rassel90 View Post
                  my wife dodge intrepid 16in steelie and dount fit my 1990 mercury grand marquis ls and there a 225/60R16
                  IIRC they are the same lug pattern, but the dodge has a slightly larger hub, so that on the panthers, the weight will be resting on the lug studs instead of the center hub. This usually isn't an issue on regular street driven cars as long as the lugnuts are tight. If hoonage is involved, all bets are off.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

How about these? They bolt right on are cheap and 17".
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      IIRC they are the same lug pattern, but the dodge has a slightly larger hub, so that on the panthers, the weight will be resting on the lug studs instead of the center hub. This usually isn't an issue on regular street driven cars as long as the lugnuts are tight. If hoonage is involved, all bets are off.
                      Not to mention the offsets all wrong. I mocked up Intrepid wheels on my old 91 and they sat way to inboard. Would need spacers for sure.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                      X