No announcement yet.

alignment problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is driving straight as can be and rolls down the interstate smoothly. Even with the one tire back a bit it drives straight. I think I'm going to scratch the frame check and just do the wheel alignment. My mom followed me on the interstate and said the car was running nice and straight.

My main thing is that I don't trust the alignment guy. He does good work, but I don't trust leaving the car with him. I think he's the type that if you need a ride home, he'll use your car. No way will I let that fly. I don't need my car to get in a wreck with someone else behind the wheel. I'll wait for the damn thing to get done.

Comment

I'd get it done as quickly as possible otherwise you'll very possibly be chewing tires. It doesn't take a serious pull to make the tread go away.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's going in right away in the morning. I've got too much stuff to do tomorrow, so I'm just going to drop the car off. He said he can check the frame and go from there. Hopefully this is all taken care of tomorrow.

Comment

Ouch. That hurt. Wheel alignment, $35/spring shim to level front end, $6/frame pull, $65 = total expense: $106.

Front corner had a lean so a shim was put in. He had to bring the lower control arm forward so he pushed it forward. From what I can tell, it drives straight and sits level. Wheel seems to be where it's supposed to be. Since I have faith in these cars, I feel it was worth the money.

Comment

Eh thats not bad. Hell it cost me $150 to get mine done. Of course it was done by 2 places. The second one cost me friggin $80 for some unknown reason but whatever. The thing drives great now so it was money well spent.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

And, finally . . .

Comment

I've always liked those wheel covers for some odd reason.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

They look like crap on a dark colored car, but they seem to fit the titanium peal metallic . . . err . . . silver.

Comment

Working...
                  X