Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check that oil filter. I'm gonna bring the adapter with me. The filter they provided is wrong, so I'm gonna bring it back and swap.
    Thanks!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
      I'll check that oil filter. I'm gonna bring the adapter with me. The filter they provided is wrong, so I'm gonna bring it back and swap.
      Thanks!
      By chance, for educational purposes, what filter is it that they gave you?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Hell if I know. I'll post it up when I get home.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

What did I miss about the oil filter? Why doesn't it take a PH8A? Is this the Jeep?

Comment

I don't own a Jeep, any more (the Jeep sale funded the initial engine purchase). I have a WIX 51372, but it's not right. I can't remember what filter that's for, though. I'll check the PH8A when I go. Possibly tonight.
            Need to get spark plugs, too. Forgot about that. I'm gonna check Corral for the right plug type unless one of you have that number available.

Comment

FRPP headers on GT40-P heads...

still require removal of the fawking headers to change the plugs!!
              The driver side is fine, with a wobble extension, but the passenger side is impossible with the header in place.

Comment

FL-1a is the standard tall Ford filter, FL-300 is the short filter you need for using an oil cooler. FL-1A = Fram PH8a.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What about this?

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

I'll never run Fram, again. I had two friends who had Fram filters implode. Wish I had pictures...

The correct WIX filter is 51515, for a Crown Victoria. Apparently they gave me the filter for an Explorer- I was getting parts using both vehicles, so it's understandable he got confused.
                    Here's the updated "Need to Buy" list:

Vacuum hoses
                    Clutch pedal shaft bushings
                    Intake bolts

I'm going to a bolt supply warehouse for the intake bolts, dealer for the bushings, and still haven't figured out how I'm mapping my vacuum system, so I didn't get the hoses, yet.

Comment

Ooh... I'm buying that before I do my plugs, again! Great find!

Comment

I had a socket like this when I worked on my motorcycle. A ratchet wouldn't fit - but a socket and wrench always would.

These types of sockets are readily available. I have a couple Craftsman's but they are a little taller than the one in the link.
                        Last edited by 89GrandMarquis; 02-02-2006, 12:19 AM.

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

Originally posted by 89GrandMarquis
                          Interesting.....

I need to pick up one of those...
                          "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

Comment

What about using a shorter plug?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

In the pictures my socket is butted up against the head, so a shorter plug wouldn't help any.

Comment

Someone pointed out that on a true spark plug socket, there's a hex head on the ratchet end. One can put a wrench on that and install/remove the plugs just the same as with the F-body socket in the above link.

Comment

Working...
                                X